Wednesday, May 11, 2011

3 YEARS

As of today I have been living in South Korea for 3 years. Wowzer time flies. My original plan was to be here for one year only - and even before I left South Africa the first time, I went into mild panic...
Photobucket

A WHOLE YEAR!!?! THAT'S SUCH A LONG TIME!!!

Turns out a whole year is not such a long time and in any case, (according to BBC's four-part documentary on time) your perception of time gets shorter and shorter as you get older.

Anyway I fell in love with Korea - with the people, the awesome "i-don't-really-care-what-you-think" fashion sense (<-- i am a huge fan of this), the stationery (gaaaah, the stationery!!!), the multiple cute and cosy cafes, Seoul - in general, the Konglish (Korean/English mash-up), the strange-grocery store ingredients, the food, the Korean kids, my Korean co-teachers, the creative opportunities this place has given me and the wonderful friends that I have made from all over the world whilst living here for the past three years.

Even although there are times when communication is TOUGH. (and I mean tough.) and the cultural differences are DIFFERENT (what? - you don't put tomatoes in your fruit salad?) and I have had SEVERE hair-dye FAIL (on numerous occasions), I still love Korea.

and i will forever.

Thanks SoKo for the past three years. it's been real.

No comments :