Friday, January 24, 2014

Lists. Because I felt like it.

I just felt like making some lists today. That's all.

A list of things I LOVE

  • Warren. Obvs. And family and friends.
  • Drawing, doodling, cartooning, journalling
  • Bikram Yoga, I've only just started it, but i LOVE it.
  • Popcorn.
  • Making lists.
  • Cute, unnecessary stationery. (to make lists on).
  • Taking a time-out from my computer. I spend so much of my day at my Mac, that it's super refreshing to get away from it once in a while. 
  • Good music.
  • Snail mail and packages.
  • Laughing at my own jokes. (I spent the good part of last night in hysterics in the kitchen - all on my own).
    (Warren enters: what are you laughing at?
    Me: Nothing. I don't know.... *shrugs*...
    Sigh, it's SO FUN inside my mind.)
  • Photos and lomo snaps.
  • Sushi.
  • Electric Blankets. Trust me, if Sidney Russell hadn't got there first - I would have invented a way to strap a heater onto my back before bedtime.
  • Sheets with SUPER HIGH thread counts - I have inherited this from Warren. 
  • Pet shops. Because, when was the last time you felt unhappy in a pet shop? Exactly.

A list of things I'm totally impartial to
  • What Paris Hilton wears, eats or in fact anything she does. meh. In fact - the vast majority of celebrity stuff I actually am not too bothered with. If something about someone famous popped up on my screen, I may read it - or I may not - but I never intentionally keep up with their lives.
  • The choice between cats and dogs

A list of things I HATE.
  • The complete disrespect of young school children in London who don't even attempt to make a path or move off the sidewalk for people who are much older (and sometimes frailer) than them.
  • When something in the shop says "EXTRA VERY INDIAN SPICY" and you buy it and then get home and are like "WHY IS THIS NOT BURNING MY FACE OFF?!?"
  • Food being tepid. Especially soups and coffee. Conversations in our house often go like this: "Is the soup ready?" "Well, yes - mine is - but yours will probably need another 2 hours in the microwave." I want that shizz to BURN ME. (Am into hot things).
  • Frogs. 
  • Cooking.
  • People with no manners or complete disregard for others. (see also delinquent children above)
  • Getting out of bed in the mornings, generally.
  • Those little pink sweets that are like tiny cylinders and taste like grannies moth balls. You know the ones?

Link of the day: some food for thought over at Midlands Musings.
Word for the weekend: Celebrate! Life, love, being alive.
Quote for the moment: “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” - Mahatma Gandhi

4 comments :

Violetsteel said...

These ones :) http://www.diespens.eu/Pages/products.aspx?SelectionId=10&ProductId=16115

Christine said...

I agreed most emphatically with you last bullet - those pink sweets are the WORST!!!

Gaelyn Cokayne said...

Yup those sweets are gross!

Keri Bainborough said...

Ah thanks for the link! Love this post xxx
PS Can just imagine you giggling to yourself in the kitchen. Clever people have lots of fun in their own heads! ;)